Ahhhhhhhhh, big smiles all round, it's Friday and the sun is shining and I'm happy. My hills have returned from the grey mist all green and lovely and I've been able to put my boots away (again) and do my daily commute in flipflips :: hooraayy!!!
Do you remember waaaaay back in March when I first began my bloglett, I wrote a post about my Friday jaunting round town? Fridays are generally my shopping day, although every day I have to walk through town three times as part of my current home-school-nursery-home-nursery-home-school-home daily commute on foot. I really enjoy shopping in my town, and try to limit what I get from the supermarkets in favour of shopping local. Like I said the other day when I was swooning over my asparagus (mwah, love you A) it gives me a buzz to come home with my bag bulging with produce and it occurred to me that perhaps I could do a regular little feature showing you Whats In the Bag on Fridays. What do you think, will you take a look, not think me too odd? Oh, you are the best blog readers (mwah, a kiss you you too).
So....In the bag today.....
- six fresh local eggs (our usual eggs have not been for sale this week)
- a pot of homemade lemon curd (couldn't resist)
- Asparagus (of course xx)
- 1 margueritte and 3 verbena plants (yes, more plants, I can't stop buying them)
- 1 granary cob loaf (a slice already eaten with the above mentioned lemon curd)
- Wensleydale with cranberries (an old favourite)
- Smoked Wensleydale (a new one to try)
- True grit cheddar (our everyday cheese)
- a bag of cherries (so sweet)
- English Strawberries (eating my Reds now aren't I?!)
- CH&I magazine (a quick flick through and it looks wonderful)
- Divine Milk chocolate (mmmmmmmmmmmm)
Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you get up to and I hope the sun continues to shine xxx